Tonijnsalade Sandwich Recipe for Your Next Picnic
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread
- Lettuce and tomato (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and dijon mustard until well combined.
- Add the red onion, celery, pickles, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Toast the bread slices to your liking.
- Spread a generous amount of the tuna salad on four of the slices of bread.
- Add a slice of lettuce and tomato (optional) on top of the tuna salad, if desired.
- Top with the remaining four slices of bread and cut the sandwiches in half or quarters.
- Wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap or parchment paper and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
A Personal Introduction to Tonijnsalade Sandwich
Are you tired of the same old boring sandwich ideas? Why not switch things up for your next picnic with a Tonijnsalade sandwich? Tonijnsalade, or tuna salad, is a popular dish in the Netherlands, but this recipe adds a unique twist to the classic sandwich.
This recipe creates a delicious sandwich combining canned tuna with mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and dijon mustard, accented with red onion, celery, pickles, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. The sandwich is then toasted to perfection with the optional addition of lettuce and tomato.
The Tonijnsalade sandwich is perfect for an outdoor picnic, as it is easy to pack and easy to eat. It is also a healthy alternative to other sandwich options, providing a good source of protein and vegetables.
So, why not switch up your sandwich lunch game and try this Tonijnsalade sandwich recipe at your next picnic?