Tiramisu Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy (optional)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cocoa powder and chopped chocolate for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the cooled coffee and rum/brandy (optional) until fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and heavy cream until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder and chopped chocolate on top of the mascarpone layer for decoration. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the tiramisu layer to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love tiramisu. That creamy, rich, coffee-flavored dessert has always been a favorite of mine. So, when I came across this recipe for Tiramisu Brownies, I knew I had to try it out. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint!
These brownies are the perfect combination of classic chocolate brownies and indulgent tiramisu. The addition of coffee and rum/brandy to the batter gives the brownies a subtle yet delicious flavor that perfectly complements the mascarpone layer on top. And the best part? They are surprisingly easy to make!
I also love that this recipe is versatile. If you’re not a fan of alcohol, you can simply skip the rum/brandy and still enjoy the flavor of the coffee. And if you’re feeling fancy, you can even decorate the brownies with cocoa powder and chopped chocolate for an extra touch of elegance.
So, whether you’re a tiramisu lover like me or just looking for a fun twist on classic brownies, this Tiramisu Brownies recipe is definitely worth a try. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s sure to impress!