The Perfect Wine Pairing for Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 bottle of Chianti red wine
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion, cooking until translucent. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add ground beef, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until browned.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and oregano. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Divide the spaghetti into bowls and ladle the Bolognese sauce over top.
- Pour a glass of Chianti red wine and serve alongside the spaghetti. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic Italian dish that everyone loves. The savory tomato sauce mixed with the perfectly cooked spaghetti is a match made in heaven. But what wine pairs best with this delicious meal? Look no further than a bottle of Chianti red wine. The dry and bold flavors of the Chianti mix perfectly with the spicy and tangy aspects of the Bolognese.
Chianti is a region in Tuscany, Italy known for its amazing wine. The Sangiovese grapes grown in Chianti are used to create this dry red wine. The flavors of Chianti range from fruity to earthy, making it the perfect pairing with a number of dishes. However, it truly shines when paired with spaghetti Bolognese.
When choosing a Chianti for your spaghetti Bolognese, go for a medium to full-bodied wine. The bold flavors will complement the savory tomato sauce and the high acidity will cut through the richness of the dish.
To serve, pour a glass of Chianti red wine and enjoy alongside your spaghetti Bolognese. The flavors will blend together perfectly, creating a harmonious and satisfying meal.