The Perfect Quiche Lorraine Filling Recipe
Welcome to my recipe for the perfect Quiche Lorraine filling. This classic French dish has been a favorite for centuries and it’s no wonder why. With its buttery, flaky crust and delicious filling, it’s the perfect comfort food for any occasion. In this recipe, I’ll be sharing all my tips and tricks for creating the perfect filling that’s full of flavor and perfectly balanced.
One of the most important things to remember when making a Quiche Lorraine is to keep it simple. The filling should be rich, yet light and airy, allowing the flavors of the bacon and cheese to really shine through. In this recipe, I’ll be using a combination of Gruyere cheese and bacon for a delicious, savory filling that’s sure to impress.
So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pastry shell
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Add the bacon and Gruyere cheese to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pastry shell.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.