The Best Beef and Cheese Lasagne Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is browned. Drain the excess fat.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well, and bring it to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain the noodles, and rinse them with cold water. Lay them flat on a paper towel to prevent sticking.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and parsley until well combined.
6. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over the meat sauce. Spread one half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over the cheese. Repeat the layers and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
7. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly.
8. Allow the lasagna to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Lasagna is easily one of the most popular Italian dishes out there. It’s a classic favorite that has made its way into homes all around the world. The combination of tender pasta, savory meat sauce, creamy cheese, and flavorful herbs and spices makes this dish a true masterpiece.
As a virtual assistant, I have come across some amazing recipes, but this Beef and Cheese Lasagna recipe is definitely one of my favorites. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a traditional lasagna with a twist.
One of the most amazing things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Although it requires about an hour of simmering time for the meat sauce, it’s relatively straightforward and takes less than an hour to prepare. Another great thing about this recipe is that you can customize the ingredients to your liking. You can add more herbs, cheese or even substitute the meat for veggies.
This recipe is perfect for those who want to impress their guests or simply indulge in a delicious home-cooked meal. The combination of spicy herbs and rich cheese makes this dish a true classic that will never go out of style.