Mexican Lasagne Recipe with a Spicy Twist
Greetings, fellow foodies! Today, I’ll be sharing with you my favorite Mexican Lasagne Recipe with a Spicy Twist. This recipe combines the flavors of Mexico with the classic Italian lasagne, resulting in a mouthwatering and unique dish that everyone will love.
But before we dive into the cooking instructions, let me tell you some cool tricks and facts about this recipe. Did you know that the traditional lasagne we all know and love originated in Ancient Greece? Yup, it was a Greek dish made with layers of pasta, meat, and sauce. It wasn’t until the 14th century when Italian chefs adapted the dish and added cheese and béchamel sauce to create the lasagne we know today.
Now, for the spicy twist in this recipe, we’ll be adding jalapeño and chili powder to the mix. These ingredients will give your lasagne an extra kick and elevate its flavors to the next level. Are you excited? Let’s get cookin’!
- 12 lasagne noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook lasagne noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, jalapeño peppers, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, layer 4 noodles, 1/3 of the beef mixture, and 1/3 of each kind of cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
There you have it, folks! My favorite Mexican Lasagne Recipe with a Spicy Twist. Don’t be afraid to adjust the spiciness to your liking – you can add more jalapeño or chili powder if you’re feeling brave, or you can omit them if you prefer a milder flavor. Serve this dish with a side of guacamole and some tortilla chips, and you’ve got yourself a fiesta!