Mango Panna Cotta: A Summery Twist on Classic Italian Dessert
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups mango puree (fresh or canned)
- Fresh mango slices and mint leaves for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water and let it sit for about 5 minutes or until the gelatin has absorbed all the water.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the hot cream mixture, stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved and evenly distributed.
- Mix in the mango puree and stir until well-combined.
- Divide the mixture among 6-8 ramekins or glasses. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the panna cotta is set.
- To serve, top with fresh mango slices and mint leaves for a refreshing touch. Enjoy!
Anyone who has ever tasted panna cotta knows that it’s one of the richest and creamiest desserts out there. But did you know that you can also make it fruity and refreshing?
The good news is that making mango panna cotta is as easy as making the classic version. All you need are some simple ingredients such as heavy cream, sugar, gelatin powder, and mango puree. And don’t forget to use fresh mango slices and mint leaves for an extra pop of color and flavor.
If you’re a mango lover, this dessert will definitely give you a taste of summer any time of the year. Plus, it’s a perfect dessert for any occasion and is sure to impress your guests.
But here’s a cool trick: you can also experiment with other fruit purees such as strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry to give your panna cotta a different twist. You can also mix different flavors together to create your own unique combination.
In conclusion, making mango panna cotta is not only easy and delicious but also a fun way to experiment with flavors and create your own spin on this classic Italian dessert. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and let your taste buds go wild!