Low Carb Protein Pancake Recipe
If you’re someone who loves pancakes but also wants to keep your carb intake low, then this recipe is perfect for you! These pancakes are not only low in carbs, but also high in protein and deliciousness. This recipe is perfect for those who are following a low carb diet, but still want to enjoy pancakes without any guilt. Incorporating the right amount of protein in your diet is essential for weight loss and keeping your muscles healthy.
Here are some cool facts about the recipe – traditional pancakes are typically made from carb-heavy white flour, but this recipe uses almond flour to keep the carbs down. Instead of sugar, these pancakes use sugar-free maple syrup for a low carb syrup substitute.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla flavor)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl, add almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, sugar-free maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and whisk until smooth and no lumps are present.
- Put a frying pan on medium-low heat and add butter or coconut oil to it.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup (or any desired size), pour the batter on to the frying pan.
- Cook each pancake for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot with additional sugar-free maple syrup if desired.