How to Make the Perfect Dutch Pancake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Making the perfect Dutch pancake is easier than you think! Simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk, eggs, salt, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- On a stovetop, place a 10-inch heavy cast-iron skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Or until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown in color and the edges start to puff up.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is cooked, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until the pancake is fully cooked and the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Serve the pancake warm with toppings like syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
A Personal Introduction:
Who doesn’t love a delicious pancake for breakfast? In my opinion, pancakes are the ultimate comfort food. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also versatile and can be customized to suit any taste bud. I’ve tried pancakes from all over the world, but the Dutch pancake has a special place in my heart.
Dutch pancakes, also known as Dutch baby pancakes, are of German origin but were popularized in America in the 1900s. They are similar to crepes but are thicker and have a more custardy texture. I love making Dutch pancakes because they require minimal prep time and can be prepared in one skillet. Plus, they’re absolutely delicious!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to customize. You can add different ingredients to the batter, such as chocolate chips, blueberries, or even savory ingredients like bacon and cheese. The possibilities are endless.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe that’s sure to impress, try making a Dutch pancake. With this recipe, you’ll get a pancake that’s fluffy, slightly crispy, and bursting with flavor. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to indulge in fancier toppings like whipped cream and chocolate chips every now and then.
Go ahead and give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it. Happy cooking!