How to Make Bami Goreng with Tofu and Vegetables
- 8 oz. of spaghetti noodles
- 1 block of firm tofu, sliced into cubes
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (such as carrots, bell peppers, onions, and beansprouts)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the spaghetti noodles in a pot of salted water for about 10 minutes or until cooked. Once cooked, drain the water and set the noodles aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced tofu and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili flakes (if using). Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes or until the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add the tofu back into the skillet and stir-fry for another minute to heat up the tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, serve hot, and enjoy your homemade Bami Goreng!
Have you ever tried Bami Goreng before? It’s a delicious Indonesian-style fried noodle dish that’s packed with flavors and textures. Bami Goreng is a perfect option for a quick weeknight dinner, as it’s easy to make and customizable. In today’s recipe, I’ll show you how to make Bami Goreng with tofu and vegetables – a healthier version that’s still equally delicious.
Here are some cool tricks and facts about this recipe:
– You can use any vegetables you have on hand for this recipe. Just make sure to cut them into small, bite-sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
– Sweet soy sauce is the key ingredient in this recipe. It adds a subtle sweetness to the dish while also providing color and flavor. If you can’t find sweet soy sauce in your local grocery store, you can try making your own by mixing equal parts soy sauce and brown sugar.
– Bami Goreng traditionally uses egg noodles, but I used spaghetti noodles for this recipe. You can use whichever type of noodles you prefer.
– Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, and it’s also very versatile. If you’re not a fan of tofu, you can substitute it with any protein of your choice, such as chicken, shrimp, or beef.
– This recipe is vegan-friendly if you use a vegan-friendly oyster sauce or omit it altogether.