Healthy and Delicious Tonijnsalade Recipe for Your Lunchbox
If you are looking for a healthy and delicious salad recipe for your lunchbox, then Tonijnsalade is a perfect option for you. Tonijnsalade is a traditional Dutch salad made from tuna, vegetables, and herbs. This salad is not only healthy and nutritious but also easy to make and can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. In this article, I will share with you my favorite Tonijnsalade recipe and some cool tricks and facts about this amazing salad.
- 1 can of tuna (drained)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ cup of cucumber (diced)
- ½ cup of red onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the drained tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion.
- Add the capers and mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Add the chopped parsley and mix again.
- Transfer the salad to a lunchbox and enjoy!
You can also add some boiled eggs, avocado, or bell peppers to this salad. Tonijnsalade can be served on a bed of lettuce, with crackers or bread. This salad is perfect for a quick lunch or as a side dish for your dinner. It is also a great option for meal prep as it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.