Favourite Tonijnsalade Recipe for a Summer Dinner
- 1 can of tuna
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup of corn
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain the can of tuna and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, and corn to the mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the tuna mixture, and mix everything together until it is evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
During the summer, I love to make tonijnsalade for dinner because it’s light, refreshing, and easy to make. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables in your fridge.
One trick I like to use is to drain the can of tuna really well before adding it to the mixing bowl. This will ensure that your tonijnsalade is not too watery. Also, make sure to chill the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving, as this will allow the flavours to meld together and make it even more delicious.
So the next time you’re looking for a quick and easy summer dinner, give this tonijnsalade recipe a try!