Easy Roti Recipe Using All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
1. In a mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well.
2. Add the oil and mix until the flour mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Gradually pour water while mixing the flour mixture with a spatula or spoon.
4. Knead the dough with your hands for at least 5 minutes or until it becomes smooth.
5. Apply some oil on the surface of the dough and cover it with a damp cloth.
6. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
7. Divide the dough into equal-sized balls.
8. Roll each ball on a floured surface until they become thin and round.
9. Cook each roti on a hot skillet for about 30 seconds or until bubbles form on the surface.
10. Flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds or until brown spots appear.
11. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough balls.
12. Serve hot with your favorite curry or yogurt dip.
Roti is an Indian flatbread that is often served with a variety of curries and dips. It is a staple food in many households throughout India and is enjoyed by people of all ages. While some people may think that making roti at home requires a lot of time and effort, this easy roti recipe using all-purpose flour is the perfect solution for a hassle-free cooking experience.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. The all-purpose flour provides the perfect texture for the roti, while the oil gives it a slightly crispy texture on the outside. Additionally, the dough can be easily kneaded by hand, making this recipe perfect for beginners who want to try their hand at making roti from scratch.
One of the coolest things about making roti at home is that it allows you to customize the recipe to your liking. For example, you can add different spices like cumin or coriander to the dough to give it more flavor. You can also adjust the thickness of your roti according to your preference – some people prefer a thinner and crispy roti, while others prefer a thicker and softer roti.
Overall, this easy roti recipe using all-purpose flour is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy tasty homemade roti without the hassle. Give it a try and impress your family and friends with your newfound cooking skills!