Delicious Gehaktbal Recipe for Meat Lovers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Mix until everything is combined but try not to overmix.
- Shape the mixture into six meatballs and place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until they are softened and starting to brown.
- Pour in the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the baked meatballs to the skillet and let them simmer in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Cook until the meatballs are coated in the sauce and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the meatballs with mashed potatoes or crusty bread, and enjoy!
Are you a meat lover who’s looking for a fantastic recipe to try for dinner tonight? Look no further than my delicious gehaktbal recipe! With a perfect blend of savory spices and beef, these meatballs are sure to become a family favorite. There are a few tricks and tips to creating the best meatballs, and I’ll share them with you in this recipe.
First off, a meatball needs to be moist and tender. The breadcrumbs and egg in this recipe help to achieve that. The breadcrumbs also help to bind the meat, but be careful not to use too much as it will make the meatballs dry. The spices in the recipe take the meatball up a notch, making it even more flavorful.
Another important tip is to not overmix the meat. This can make the meatballs tough and chewy. Just mix the ingredients enough to combine and then shape into meatballs.
Lastly, the sauce makes all the difference. These meatballs are simmered in a delicious broth sauce that intensifies their flavor. Served with mashed potatoes or bread, they make for a delicious and satisfying meal.
So roll up your sleeves and let’s get cooking!