Decadent Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla; beat with a mixer on low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate cake? I know I do! But let’s not settle for just any chocolate cake. Let’s make it decadent! With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make a cake that’s rich, moist, and absolutely delicious. The best part? You don’t have to be a pro baker to get it right.
If you’re wondering what makes this cake so special, it’s the combination of simple ingredients and a few cool tricks. For one, we’re using boiling water to thin out the batter. Sounds crazy, I know, but this helps to create a moist and tender crumb.
Another secret to making this cake extra delicious is using quality ingredients. Do yourself a favor and spring for a good cocoa powder. Trust me, it makes a difference. And don’t skimp on the vanilla extract. You want that sweet, floral aroma in every bite.
This decadent chocolate cake is perfect for any occasion – birthdays, anniversaries, or just because. So get your mixing bowl out, dust off your baking skills, and let’s get started!