A Quick and Easy Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup Caesar dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup croutons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped lettuce and Caesar dressing.
- Mix well until all the lettuce leaves are coated with dressing.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and croutons to the bowl.
- Toss everything together until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Caesar salad is one of the most popular salads in the world. It was invented in 1924 by an Italian-American restaurateur named Caesar Cardini in Tijuana, Mexico. The original Caesar salad recipe contained only 6 ingredients: romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons, garlic, olive oil, and eggs. Today, there are many variations of the Caesar salad recipe, and some even include chicken or bacon.
This quick and easy Caesar salad recipe is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish for a dinner party. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and can be made with either homemade or store-bought Caesar dressing. The addition of croutons gives the salad a crunchy texture, while the grated Parmesan cheese adds a salty and nutty flavor. The salad can be served immediately or refrigerated until ready to serve. Just be sure to add the croutons right before serving to maintain their crunchiness.
The trick to making a great Caesar salad is to use fresh and crisp lettuce. The romaine lettuce should be washed and dried well before being chopped. It is also important to mix the lettuce and dressing well to ensure that each leaf is evenly coated. And finally, don’t skimp on the Parmesan cheese! It adds a depth of flavor that is essential to the dish.