A Classic Lasagne Met Kaas Recipe for All Occasions
Lasagne is an Italian dish that has made its way into the hearts of people worldwide. It is a perfect recipe for all occasions and the best part is, it’s easy to prepare. In this recipe article, I will be sharing with you a classic lasagne met kaas recipe that you can make at home and wow your guests. This recipe is perfect for large gatherings or even a simple family dinner.
Lasagne is a dish that consists of layers of pasta, cheese sauce, meat sauce and topped off with grated cheese. This dish can be made with various types of cheeses, but in this recipe, we will be using Gouda cheese, which adds a unique flavour to the dish. Let’s get started!
- 9 lasagne sheets
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 300g Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cook the lasagne sheets in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté the onions and garlic in a little bit of oil until softened.
- Add the minced beef and cook until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, dried basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Slowly add the milk to the pan, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the grated Gouda cheese and whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Beat the egg and add to the cheese sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spread a little meat sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Lay out 3 lasagne sheets on top of the meat sauce.
- Cover the lasagne sheets with a layer of meat sauce and then a layer of cheese sauce.
- Repeat this process, alternating between the meat sauce and cheese sauce until all the lasagne sheets have been used.
- Cover with a final layer of cheese sauce and sprinkle with any remaining grated Gouda cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Cool Tricks and Facts about the Recipe
Did you know that the word “lasagne” comes from the Greek word “laganon”, which means a type of flat dough? Lasagne is one of the oldest pasta dishes in the world and is believed to have originated in ancient Rome.
When making lasagne, it’s important to use al dente pasta sheets that are not too soft. This will prevent the lasagne from becoming too mushy and will give it a firmer texture.
Another cool trick to make your lasagne even more delicious is to add a layer of thinly sliced ham or pancetta between the meat sauce and cheese sauce layers. This will add an extra depth of flavour to the dish.
In conclusion, this classic lasagne met kaas recipe is a must-try for all occasions. It’s easy to make, packed with flavour and sure to impress your guests. So go ahead and give it a try!